ASP.NET is an open source, server-side web application framework created by Microsoft. ASP.NET can be used to develop webpages and internet technologies and is an essential part of Microsoft’s .Net framework vision. As part of the .Net framework, ASP.NET is an extremely valuable tool for programmers and developers because it enables them to build dynamic and trendy websites and web applications using combination of languages like VB and C#.
ASP.NET isn’t restricted to script languages, it enables you to utilize .Net languages like C#, J#, VB, etc. It enables developers to construct very compelling applications by utilizing Visual Studio, the event tool supplied by Microsoft. ASP.NET is solely server-side technology. It’s constructed on the common language runtime you can use on any windows server for hosting effective ASP.NET websites and technologies and it can be integrated with any Microsoft software.
In the initial era of the internet i.e. prior to the release of Internet Information Services (IIS) in 1997, the contents in websites were largely static. These websites need to be constantly, and by hand, modified. There was a sudden need to create websites which were dynamic and would update instantly and automatically.
Microsoft’s Active Server Pages (ASP) was introduced to the industry to fulfill this need. ASP performed around the server side, using its output delivered to user’s internet browser, thus allowing the server to create dynamic webpages in line with the actions from the user.
These server-side technologies are important contributions to the development of the web. Amazon, eBay, and lots of other popular internet portals using ASP.NET as the framework for their website, without ASP.NET it wouldn’t be possible.
Some important benefits of ASP.NET Web Development over other Web development models:
- ASP.NET considerably reduces the quantity of code needed to construct large applications.
- With built-in windows authentication and per-application configuration, your applications are secure and guaranteed.
- It offers better performance by benefiting from early binding, just-in-time compilation, native optimization, and caching services away from the box.
- The ASP.NET framework is complemented with a rich toolbox and designer within the Visual Studio integrated development atmosphere.
- Provides simplicity as ASP.NET makes it simple to do common tasks, from simple form submission and client authentication to deployment and website configuration.
- The source code and HTML are together therefore ASP.NET pages are simple to manage and edit. Even the source code is executed on the server. This gives a lot of power and versatility to the web pages.
- All of the processes are carefully monitored and managed through ASP.NET runtime, to ensure that if process is dead, a brand new process can be produced instead, which help keep the application constantly accessible to handle high demands.
- It’s purely server-side technology so, ASP.NET code executes on the server prior to it being delivered to the browser.
- Being language-independent, it enables you to select the best language what that pertains to the application or partition the application across many languages.
- ASP.NET gives easy deployment. That is why you don’t need to register components since the configuration details are built-in.
- The web server continuously monitors the web pages, components and applications running on it. Whether it notices any memory leaks, infinite loops, other illegal activities, it immediately destroys those activities and restarts itself.
- Easily works with ADO.NET using data-binding and page formatting features. It’s an application which runs faster and counters bunch of users without getting performance problems.
In short ASP.Net, state-of-the-art form of Microsoft’s ASP, is a programming framework accustomed to create enterprise-class websites, web applications, and technologies. ASP.NET developed applications are available on the global basis resulting in efficient information management. Regardless if you are building a small organization website or perhaps a large corporate web application distributed across multiple systems and platforms, ASP.NET will give you all of the features you may need.
Bytes Future is an industry expert in developing websites and applications with ASP.Net also providing premium digital Marketing, social media management, social Media Marketing, web applications, SEO – Search Engine Optimization, SEM – Search Engine Marketing, Animated and Inforgraphic videos, we’ve been with some of the world’s largest companies since 2008. Innovation and engagement is our key to success.